I suggest you ...

Cut back on the popups and videos, please.

Site has helpful content, and I know you need to earn a living, but it is so cluttered and slowed down by ad videos and popups, I find it too annoying to use.

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rob shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Chris commented  · 

The best way to view this site is to find the page you are interested in - copy'n'paste it into a word document and close the page immediately, if you don't want 100% cpu utilization, then view the content in word.
        Why don't Python Central read these comments and act on them????

• David Wallace commented  · 

I'm experiencing the same behaviour. Poor scrolling, never-ending page loading, very difficult to follow code.

• Scanlan commented  · 

The ads keep refreshing, so it looks like the page is never completely loaded. Scrolling is so choppy because of this. It feels like a bad network connection that won't go away. It's a very frustrating experience when you're trying to follow along with code examples. Please fix!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Agreed! The site was too slow because of all the ads and pop ups. Looking elsewhere.

• nigel commented  · 

Yes, im just starting to look at python,this site could be useful but the adverts are making it partially unusable, blocking text and having to wait for auto refreshes, presumably for the adverts. looking elswhere.

• Emily commented  · 

Agreed! It's so slow that I end up going elsewhere. The page also jumps around from new ads loading. Many of the ads are also generating 404s and other errors which I'm sure contribute to the slowness of the page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base